Saturday, December 17, 2005

Well, things are moving along smoothly. It's a lot of work, but we've been purging through so much stuff that what we take with us will only be the things we LOVE.

We got a phone call this week from a friend who remembered me talking about my great hate of my furniture last spring. She told me that she was redecorating and that her sofa and love seat were ours if we wanted them. So I have the first set of matching (beautiful) furniture I've ever owned. Thank you Mary!

We've got the tree up and most of the shopping done, the kids are through school (and I am DONE with homeschooling FOREVER!!) YIPEE!! I sure loved having Ali and Jake around, but being the sole responsibility for everything they need to know was far too much responsibility for me - they need to learn from people who have it far more together than me! Ha!

The moving van is booked for January 4th and we're saving TONS by leaving on the Wednesday. It will be a tight squeeze to get everything moved in and the van returned and the kids to school on the 9th, but that deadline is what it needs to be. Hopefully God knew that the weather would be better during those days instead of earlier... we pray!

We're trying to put together a 'bon voyage' party for the kids before we go. Unfortunately each of the kids best friends have different travel plans for the week after Christmas - so we're having to plan b it and don't know exactly what that means yet. Getting this taken care of will be a huge load of my plate. I want to keep this promise and keep it well - maybe now that school is done we can work it out.

Hope all is going well for your holiday plans! Leave us a comment and let us know you're visiting!

No comments: